Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Some Random Stuff...

Sethy is sick this week with a pretty nasty cold.  Which makes everything around here more difficult, but snuggling a sick, sleepy baby is a lovely thing.  Trying not to think about all the people who will be sick later in the week...

Boiled eggs, toast and apple slices for breakfast. Quesadillas for lunch.  No clue for dinner - something with chicken.

Pretty:  My purple sweater is coming along.  Have divided for sleeves and making progress.  The pattern has 10 phases, the sleeves are phases 8 and 9!  I truly think the hard parts are over...

Happy:  Spent 45 minutes or so in the backyard raking leaves and straightening the pathway stones.  The children all helped.  It looks so much nicer, and being outside and moving about made everyone so much less cranky in the afternoon.  Need to be purposeful about going outside every day...

Funny:  I asked Josiah what he wanted for his birthday.  He said he wants to drive a real car. One where the wheels go all the way around. (?)  I said "Me too!  I want to drive a fast one!"  Josiah replied "No, you are too old."

Real:  Starting to think (already!) about curriculum needs for the next school year. Started to freak out a bit, wondering how I would remember all this in July when I need to start ordering things.  So I made a 'brain dump' page in my notebook labeled School Prep. I add things to it for each grade level when they occur to me, and I feel better.

Well, it's 7:21am, and I'm late starting my day.  Have a good week!

No comments: