Thursday, December 18, 2014

Christmas update...

All things Christmas are going well here.  I've finished and wrapped both hats and the scarf.  I cast on for one more hat...a manly sort of one for...well, for a man.  Who is not my husband.  But who is related to me.  It's a dark foresty green.  It's called a Raglan style with a ribbed brim.  This is the gift I am most nervous about.  My extended family doesn't really make gifts.  It seems to be frowned on, in some mysterious, unspoken way. I don't know if a made gift is good here, and I don't know if he would like a hat.  Guess we'll find out!

This has been a very relaxed season for us.  Our gift purchases were started long ago, and there are not many to buy for.  This hat I'm making is the last gift.  Unless I suddenly remember someone else...

Even so, I have been unusually tired the past almost-two-weeks.  My first thought was pregnancy, but the test turned up negative.  So - not pregnant, not stressed.  Been getting decent sleep - Seth sleeps 8 to 4, nurses, and goes back to sleep until about 5:30 or so.  I don't know why I am so tired.  Michael insists I see a Dr, so I'll make that appt today.

You know what?  I could work all day, every day and not even do school.  I am not schooling this week or next and I'm having trouble deciding what to work on.  There is an endless list, of course.  I just find myself waffling on projects I want to do, verses project I probably should get caught up on.  For instance, should I make Sethy his Christmas stocking, or organize the linen cabinet that hurls items at me when I dare to open the door?  I can't quite decide, so I sit and knit instead.

Speaking of knitting, I have recently 'discovered' Elizabeth Zimmerman.  She seems to be the nearest thing to a patron saint that knitters have.  She wrote several books and I want all of them of course.  And then there is something called the Yarn Bowl.  I'm getting one for my birthday!  I just need to find a suitable storage solution for DPNS and for circular needles.  Hmmm...

No comments: